If you’re are college student applying for financial aid, you’re going to have to get through the FAFSA form. We invite you to join ePrep’s partners at GetCollegeFunding.org for a special webinar they’re hosting on Monday, December 29 that will walk you though everything you need to know about filling out the 2009/2010 FAFSA form!
2009-2010 FAFSA Form: Step-by-Step Instructions
The 2009-2010 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form will be available online January 1st, 2009. There are more changes on this year’s form than previous years. And with the current economic downturn it’s more important than ever for families to submit their FAFSA forms as early as possible.
This WEBinar will walk you through Step-by-Step the process of completing and submitting the FAFSA form. You will see screen shots of the online process and learn valuable tips. Here are just a few of the topics that will be covered:
- PIN application and retrieval
- FAFSA data entry
- Signing the FAFSA
- What financial aid becomes available as a result of the FAFSA?
- The FAFSA only handles 10 colleges?
- How do you submit the FAFSA before your ‘08 taxes are done?
- What about making changes or corrections?
- What’s the SAR and why is it important?
- Does home equity count “against” you?
- What about trust funds and UGMA/UTMA accounts?
- Where do you enter 529 accounts?
- What about rental property?
- Does an ex-spouse’s income and assets enter in?
- What about business owners and their company assets?
- What happens AFTER you submit the FAFSA?
- and more . . .
Join Tom Bottorf, College Funding Columnist and Founder of GetCollegeFunding, Inc. as he addresses all of these topics in a 90-minute interactive presentation. You’ll be able to ask questions via a “chat” format and receive answers real-time from him and the staff at GetCollegeFunding throughout the presentation.
And you’ll receive a link to the recorded WEBinar the day after so that you can refer to it as you’re completing your FAFSA form!
There is a $20 fee for this event.