A friend recently recommended that I check out a site at www.welcome2college.com. Well, I finally found the time to do some web-browsing, and this is what I think:
The site is actually very informative and helpful. While there are hundreds of websites related to college planning, this one is different in a very refreshing way. In addition to offering advice and guidance on traditional topics like financial aid, the site covers equally practical topics like health, fitness, campus safety, and money management. Such topics are important, yet often overlooked.
Below is a list of some of the articles I found in some of the different categories on the site:
Health Diet & Fitness
• How to be a Vegetarian on Campus
• Anxiety and Stress Management in College
• Finding Time to Exercise
• Protecting Your Valuables
• Staying Safe in a New City
• Protecting Your College Identity
Managing Your Finances
• Penny Pinching While in College
• College Students: Finding Extra Sources of Cash
• College Money Management Tips
If you are in college or getting ready to go to college, welcome2college.com is definitely worth visiting and exploring. Good luck!