The quiz below was sent to me by a friend via e-mail today. I am not sure who authored it, but I decided to post it because I think it tests the kind of mental sharpness that the SAT and other standardized tests reward. The answers are posted in the first comment below. (I’ll admit that I missed one of them myself.)
1. Do they have a 4th of July in England?
2. How many birthdays does the average person have?
3. Some months have 31 days, how many have 28?
4. How many outs are there in an inning of baseball?
5. Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow’s sister?
6. Divide 30 by Â½ and add 10. What is the answer?
7. If there are three apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
8. How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
9. How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
10. A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?